How to Embed Images - Tablet Users

admin

How to Embed Images - Tablet Users

Post by admin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Unfortunately I do not have the images that the student who provided this step by step instructional guide for tablet users:

Thank you to LadyMoonLust for putting together a Tablet tutorial
I use a tablet 90% of the time nowadays, and only use my laptop when I absolutely have to. I posted my photo from my tablet, and just realized there might be some confusion on how to do this. So I put together this handy dandy guide.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, but you should be able to do this from any tablet.
First, bring up facebook through the browser (not the app). Go to your timeline, and tap on photos.

Tap on the photo you want to share.

It should bring up a page likve this. Press and hold the picture.

You should get a popup window that looks like this. The address on the top is the one you will be using to share it, but you cant copy it from here. So, one more step. Tap "view image."

It will bring this up in a separate tab, and the address you want is now right there in the address bar, and you can copy it.

I actually suggest using Photobucket for tablet users to store images on over Facebook because they give you the url.

When you upload an image and go to view it, above the image you should see what looks like a little chain. Click on that and it And on the right side you will locate Direct . Copy and paste that code . It will look like thishttps://i.pinimg.com/564x/33/53/b4/3353b4496c459946f80d2c89967daf88.jpg

Then put the IMG codes around it.

admin

Re: How to Embed Images - Tablet Users

Post by admin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:03 pm

iPad Posting Photos from Facebook Tutorial

It took me awhile to figure out how to do this using my iPad, so I thought I'd share to help others out,

So, I did this using my Facebook profile open in Safari, NOT the Facebook app. From the thumbnail or album view of your photos, touch the photo to open it in Facebook's Photo Viewer. Touch "Options" below the photo and select "Download".

(If viewing as one large photo on the screen, instead of in the Photo Viewer which has the two arrows that allows scrolling between previous and next photos, you will just need to look below the photo and select "Download".)

When you touch "Download", the photo will open as one great big, full screen photo. Touch the URL/Search bar at the top and copy that URL (by touching it twice, choosing "Select All" and then "Copy").

In your post on the Student Lounge, click IMG to add the [ IMG ] tag, then paste your URL after that without adding extra spaces. Touch IMG again or "Close Tags" to add the [/ IMG ] after your URL.

With a certain amount of good luck or fairy pixie dust, your photo will show us perfectly!